Guidelines for Article Preparation
The authors/ contributors of the paper should address the following guidelines before submitting their article to the journal:
- Manuscript should be submitted in MS-Word format.
- Length of the paper: Minimum of 3000 and maximum of 5000 words to be accompanied by endnotes if any, and the actual works cited list/ reference list.
- APA documentation format (citation manual) is accepted for Social Science subject related articles and MLA documentation format (citation manual) is accepted for Humanities subject related articles.
- Main title of the paper should be full and should follow: Font name “Times New Roman”, font size “14 point”, and font style “Bold”.
- Main body of the paper should follow: Font name “Times New Roman, font size “12 point”, font style “Regular”, Align “Justify”, and line spacing “1.15 lines”.
- The submitted paper is to be accompanied with an abstract of not more than 200 words along with 4 to 5 keywords.
- The article should clearly mention the name of author(s), designation and institutional affiliation along with postal address, pin code, mobile number and email.
- Book reviews are to contain full name of author/ editor, and book title, its place of publication, year, number of pages and price.
- The author should submit a signed declaration that “submitted article is an original research work and has not been published anywhere else/ or sent for publication anywhere”.
- The article in Hindi and Mizo languages may be accompanied by a 300 words summary in English.
Submission of Articles
Important Information for Submission
It is believed that authors undertake following precautions before submitting the manuscript:
- The manuscript should be free from copyright infringement.
- The manuscript submitted by author should have the consent of all the co-authors, if any, in the group. In some cases students/ researchers do not take prior permission from their supervisors/ guides and Professors before sending/ submitting their manuscripts to the journal.
- The manuscript submitted for the journal should not be published either partially or completely in any form, in any other journal.
- Manuscript should not be submitted simultaneously to any other journal at the time of submission to the journal.
- The thoughts, contents and the opinions expressed in journal are those of the authors/contributors, and, do not necessarily reflect the views of the members of the Editorial Board or the Publisher or the Institution.
- Articles in the journal do not necessarily reflect the views / opinions of neither the publisher nor the university. No part of any article published in this journal may be reproduced in print or electronic form without the permission of the publisher.
- The journal has the full right to accept or reject a paper or manuscript for consideration of publication. The decision taken by the Editorial Board of the journal is final in all respects, and no further communication/ clarification/ solicitation from authors is expected and will not be entertained.
- In cases, where the journal facilitates provisioning of information on status of manuscripts, delays (if any) in the review/ refereeing or publication of manuscripts, the journal is not obliged to reply or communicate to the authors on these subject matters.
- The journal is not liable for any loss or consequences that might occur owing to use of the information or subject-matter embodied in the journal.
Ethics and Anti-Plagiarism Policy
The paper must adhere to strict academic ethics and be free of plagiarism. The authors are expected to follow the ethical values for writing and submission of research article to the journal. Plagiarism is defined as the wrongful appropriation, close imitation and publication, of another author’s language, ideas, or expressions, and the representation of these as one’s own original work or contribution. The available and appropriate anti-plagiarism software like “Turnitin” is used by the journal to verify any submission. So, the authors are requested to be aware of this process.
The articles, papers etc. submitted to the journal will be subject to rigorous review process. Submitted papers will be processed through a "Blind Peer Review System" by experts in the subject area. The identity of the reviewer is not revealed to the authors. The process is completed objectively and in strict adherence to the rules of the journal. Anonymity of the writer is assured during the review process.
During the process of review, the authors/ contributors are expected to revise/ modify the submitted manuscripts as per the suggestions given by reviewer/ editorial board within a stipulated time frame without which the article/ submission may not be considered for final publication. The Editorial Board reserves the right to accept or reject a paper even after the review process.
The journal MZUJHSS holds the copyright of published articles. When the article is accepted for publication by the journal MZUJHSS, the copyright is transferred to the journal.
The journal follow Creative Commons Licensing under CC-BY-NC.